Wednesday, January 09, 2008

POTD January 10, 2008

James, my husband, usually picks Kinsley up after work so I have about 10-15 minutes to get our three dogs taken care of and shake work off before they get home. It's nice, it's exactly what I need after a day at the office. I got home a little early today so I got out my camera and snapped a few shots of my two favorite people walking in the door. I think my next focus will be on getting taller (somehow I think this might not be possible!) or learning how to take a picture of a 6'8" man. I forget how tall he is until I take a photo and realize I look up his nose a lot. This was the best out of all of them and it's because I have him squatting down a little. Good thing he thinks I'm so wonderful and doesn't mind any of my "could you just get a tiny bit shorter, no don't lean, can you squat?" requests.

XTi, 50mm, 1.4, 1/50 corrected in PS for tungsten lighting issues, I think my house glows orange! Maybe I should "focus on WB in 2008" lol.

18 comments:

jordan.krogman said...

LOL -- Your hubby is TALL, WOW! I have a brother who is 6'7", so I'm used to the height. Wonder if your daughter will inherit that?

pat said...

Can't tell at all that he isn't standing. My SiL is 6'4", my DH and DS over 6' also, so I am familiar with the "up the nose" shots.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is tall! Every shot at an angle I bet. :)

Mom2Drew said...

My dad is that tall and I'm 5'3"...go figure. I love shots like this, so tender.

Tomboymama said...

That is tall! Cute shot.

Ashley said...

I hope my daughter inherits it! I'm 5'11" so we're figuring she's got a good shot. She's two and already 37 inches tall so she's a little giant in her class.

Margaret said...

I think you did a great job with this. Cute shot!

Tera Fraley said...

too cute!! Wow, he is tall!! And I thought my hubby who is 6'2" is tall. Great shot, very sweet!!

Anonymous said...

cute pic.
i love father daughter shots
tara

Jeanne said...

Love the lighting and it's a sweet relaxed picture of the two of them.

Kristina said...

Cute shot. I always find myself taking pics of only the kids. It's important to remember getting the big people into those shots.
-Kristina K

Kristi said...

What a great sport!! And he'll appreciate the shot for years to come!

Becky said...

Wow, that IS tall. He doesn't look like he's scrunching-it looks good.

Val said...

Cute shot! LOL about can you get a little shorter? hehe

Unknown said...

WOW fun!! I love your comments before the picture...makes the picture even better. He looks like he's quite humored in the picture as well! LOL

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! Great capture!
Cari

Anonymous said...

I think you did a good job capturing this. Its nice to have a few minutes to unwind.

Toni said...

Love the picture, the only cc I have would be it is a little grainy. Toni :)