Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year

Only four days late. I'm still trying to catch up from having over a week off work. I'm starting to compile all of our info for taxes. I think I may use Turbo Tax and do them at home. I'm a Quicken freak so I think that may help. At a minimum I got one of those "try it for free" deals so I onyl have to pay if I decide to print the forms out. May as well see what the damage is this year and brace ourselces rather than crossing our fingers under the table.

Martha, of course, has another fabulous month of organization ideas. I'm slightly excited about the possibilites. Perhaps I can convince the man to build me something. Oh, and thinking about that makes me think of childproofing. We're having such a hard time figuring out what we can do upstairs that will make it so Kinsley can't fling herself or anything else through the cut outs in the wall that look down into the living room. It has to be sturdy, obviously, and I'd rather not spend tons of money on it. I know, that's a huge request.

I haven't said it yet this year but I love my camera. Kinsley and Madeline, my niece, are below.






1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You know, they kind of look alike. Same eyes and nose.

How do you feel about perhaps stapling some kind of fabric over the opening and framing the rough edges with strips of molding? THen you can take it off when Kinsley is older and just patch and paint over a few small holes.

Or apply a similar technique with sheets of plexiglass (you know, something that can be artistically etched or painted).