Monday, November 05, 2007

There is a cold-front a comin'

I want to make this bread this week in anticipation for the cold front the Austin-area is supposed to get. I cannot begin to say how upset I will be if the cold front does not come- it's November for goodness sake. I am willing the weather to change for the cooler if only for the selfish fact that I want to sit by a fire. I think I'm owed cooler weather with the time change that funks up my afternoons and makes me crave a nap.

I think the bread, though looking quite bulbous in that photo, would be great as a foundation for one of James' panini experiments. Last night's version was delicious and I made up a double batch of cream of green chili soup to accompany his toasted masterpiece. We enjoyed it with some chardonnay. Perfect Sunday dinner.

No comments: